Saucy sausage pasta
Tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce with sausage chunks for a bit of substance - brilliant for students (and as a hangover cure)
Ready in 20-30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- packet of 8 pork sausages (the best your budget will allow) cut into chunky pieces
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 300g short pasta such as fusilli or farfalle (just over half a 500g bag
Preparation and cooking times
- Put a large pan of water on to boil. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausage chunks on a fairly high heat until they are golden brown all over. Now turn the heat down and add the onion and garlic, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in the chilli powder and tomatoes with the sausages, bring the sauce to the boil then turn the heat down and let it bubble for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Drop the pasta into the pan of boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan with the sausage sauce, mixing well to coat. Dish up immediately with crusty bread.